Search

Google

Donations

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
1-800-FLOWERS.COM
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Glenn Reynolds Says
    "I'm not dead, I just smell that way."
Proud Member of the Alliance

The Alliance
  • KP Cubed Louisiana
  • The Conservative Cat
  • Basil's Blog
  • Name:
    Location: Louisiana, United States
    • 1. Lynne Stewart
    • 2. Jimmy Carter
    • 3. Jesse Jackson
    • 4. Debra Kanof
    • 5. Rosie O'donnell
    • 6. Michael Moore

    Powered by Blogger

    • Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. - 2 Corinthians 5:11

    Please Support Our Sponsors

    null
    Unlimited Video Game Rentals - Start Now!

    July 25, 2006

    Unemployed - Day Two

    Well I haven't made $5000 from the web yet, but I did figure out how to put Google ads here.

    I took my daughter to get shots this morning at the local health unit ($10 vs $255 at a pediatrician). Of course, there is a price to be paid for saving money. I got there at 8:05 in the morning to try and avoid most of the crowd. I was number 5, 30 minutes later they called number 1, 30 minutes later they called number 5. Woohoo, only an hour wait. 30 seconds later they told me they did not know why the doctor (the $255 one) said she needed shots as she was good until '09. Well at least it didn't cost me anything, like time away from work.

    During the day we watch Noggin, which has quite a few decent shows (with some exceptions). For example, Dora the Explorer is not allowed in the house (and her little monkey Boots too).

    Oswald just freaks me out with a dachsund that looks like a hot dog and is named "Weenie".

    Then there is Maisy. The characters don't talk, just make noises at you. They have a crocodile (Charlie) who is obviously retarded and they make fun of him, my daughter laughs everytime he comes on the screen.. Then finally they have the most inane story lines. I realize the shows are for pre-schoolers so I do give them leeway, however, todays episode was the worst. The episode was about the squirrel wetting his pants. Allow me to repeat that:

    THE SHOW WAS ABOUT THE SQUIRREL WETTING HIS PANTS.

    It didn't try to hide the fact, didn't try to be clever about. It spent 5 minutes with the announcer going "Do you have to go now?" Then followed by a large dark stain forming on the front of the squirrels trousers. I swore I was watching a cartoon on SNL.

    The website says, "Along with her animal friends, Maisy enjoys simple adventures like going to a farm or sailing a boat or making music. Every day the friends try new things and make new discoveries."

    The writers are sitting around going, "Hmmm what fun adventures shall we have today?"
    "We could go camping."
    "Did that."
    "How about learning to swim."
    "Did that."
    "Well I guess we could have someone pee themselves......"

    My daughter and I are spending more time outside tomorrow.